The purpose of this document is to inform you of some of the risks associated with juice fasting and some of the contraindications for doing it, so you can make an informed decision on whether to join it or not. We encourage you to ask any questions, and to satisfy all your informational needs, prior to your decision to undergo our juice fast and liver cleanse program. We also encourage you to discuss your decision with your healthcare provider not affiliated with Mountains of hope.
Mountains of hope is not a hospital or medical care facility, however we have an available doctor and nurses who may assist you on the medical procedures like iv’s therapies, they will be available everyday from 10 am to 7 pm, but in case that you feel or you needed advanced medical attention we are located 10 mins away from a high complexity hospital, remind that the medical charges that you might need Keep in mind that all the average charges that may be needed in case of having to go to the hospital, are at your own expense.
We clarify that the liver cleanse program and the juice fasting are not medical procedures, so we don’t take medical responsibility for it, that’s why we offer you all the information so you can make the decision whether to join it or not.
Prior to your arrival we ask you to send the results of some basic blood tests, so we can ensure that you are in adequate condition to receive the detox. We also ask you to send all your medical data by filling the medical forms that we send to you. If our doctor senses that any of your tests is not accurate we will discuss a personalized program with you or give back the money. Please read the contraindications before.
Finally, we do not guarantee that fasting will benefit the health condition that you are seeking to improve, everybody has a different process, and our mission is only to teach you some of the ways that might help you improve your wellness.
COVID PROTOCOL AND DISCLOSURES
● We ask all the guests to have a negative PCR for covid at least 72 h before arrival. If you test positive we can reschedule the retreat. Please contact us as soon as you know your result.
● For government regulations all the staff will wear a mask all the time.
● Guests are not obligated to wear a mask, it is their choice. Only if you are going to public spaces out of Mountains of hope, you will be asked to wear it because of government regulations.
● The staff is going to be constantly cleaning all the things, objects and areas that the guests use.
● We provide the option to do an antigen test or PCR before you travel back home with a third party lab here in MOH, expenses are on your own.
MANDATORY PRIOR EXAMS
● Hemoleucogram with platelets
● Creatinine, Blood Urea Nitrogen (BUN)
● Liver tests: SGOT, SGPT, ALP
● Fasting glucose, A1C Hemoglobin, Insulin test
● Total cholesterol, Triglycerides, HDL, LDL.
● Vitamin B12
● Vitamin D
● Stool test
● Ferritin, Blood iron.
● Heavy metals test
● Zonulin test
1. What if I get sick? Our medical staff will assist you in the low complexity situations, if you need a high complex hospital we will carry you there, we are 10 mins away from hospital San Vicente de Paul in Rionegro, Medellín.
2. What if I want to stop the detox? You are able to stop the process whenever you don’t feel ok with it, we are going to support you in every stage of the detox, but you are the one who feels what you need. We will provide you with the instructions to get out of the detox in a safe way. 3. What are the IV’s for? They help you detox the extracellular matrix, this is the space where all your body cells are located and where all the functional and biological processes take place. This is a medical procedure done by a doctor and nurses.